- We can help you if you are being taken to Court for driving offences.
- We recognise that this type of case can be extremely worrying and very often our Clients have not had any previous dealings with the Criminal Justice System.
- We have successfully defended our Clients in all types of driving offences ranging from speeding to causing death by dangerous driving.
- Also included are offences of driving with excess alcohol, driving whilst disqualified, careless driving, dangerous driving, failing to stop, driving without insurance and driving without a valid licence.
- The first objective will be to always ascertain if it is possible to avoid a driving disqualification or a criminal conviction.
- This is because we appreciate the consequences following a driving disqualification or a criminal conviction can be severe for the individual Client. The possible loss of employment or the risk of receiving a custodial sentence is something that all of us can identify with.
- After taking your instructions we may be able to identify a defence that is available to you.
- We may also be able to establish whether a conviction would cause exceptional hardship or whether special reasons can be put forward in our mitigation of you.
- Please call or email us if you or a friend or a member of your family needs our help.
Some of Our Recent Successful Cases
Acquittal of Driving with Excess Alcohol
Our Client was charged with being almost three times over the prescribed limit for alcohol whilst driving a motor vehicle.
Our Client was found in his crashed VW Golf in the driver’s side with the air bag having gone off.
The evidence seemed overwhelming until upon closer scrutiny of the case it was established that no one had actually seen our Client drive the car. Moreover, our Client insisted that his wife had been driving and she had fled the scene after the crash.
Our Client had reached over for his cigarettes in the driver’s side compartment when the airbag went off.
Our Client’s wife attended Court as a witness to give evidence and our Client was found not guilty at his Trial at Camberwell Green Magistrates Court.
Acquittal of Causing Death by Dangerous Driving and False Imprisonment
Our Client was a mini-cab driver. It was alleged that he had caused death by dangerous driving because one of his passengers had tried to leave his cab, but she had fallen and hit her head on the pavement, causing her death.
The issue in this case was identification because our Client denied being the driver.
We instructed a top Reconstruction Expert.
Our Client was acquitted at his Trial of causing death by dangerous driving at Blackfriars Crown Court.
The Prosecution had also alleged that our Client had falsely imprisoned other passengers, when he had driven off from the police at speed, holding other passengers prisoner in his cab.
Our Client was also found not guilty of the offence of false imprisonment at his Trial.